Each AOL account can have up to seven screen names at any one time. The screen name you created when you first registered as an AOL member is your primary master screen name and cannot be changed or deleted. All other screen names can be created or deleted at any time.
Create a screen name
A screen name must start with a letter and may be any combination of letters and numbers up to a total of 16 characters.
Some screen names are restricted due to security reasons or duplication. AOL reserves the right to delete any screen name it deems to be vulgar or sexually explicit. If someone has already chosen the screen name you desire, it will not be possible for you to use it. This is so every AOL member will have a unique email address with no duplications. If the screen name you select is already in use, delete the screen name you typed in and try again. There is no limit on how many times you can try different names.
Note: To create a screen name, you need to be signed on with a master screen name. A master screen name is the first screen name you created for this account and any screen name you have assigned master screen name status with Parental Controls.
To create a screen name:
1. Find an available Screen name. Use SpinXO.com
2. Go to http://names.aol.com.
3. In the Screen Name: box, type your master screen name.
4. In the Password: box, type your AOL password.
5. Click the Sign On button.
6. Click the Create link.
7. In the Answer: box, type the answer to your Account Security Question.
8. Follow the onscreen instructions to select the new screen name, the password, and the Parental Controls settings.
Note: If you choose either Mature Teens, Young Teens or Kids Only for the Age Category, you will also be prompted to choose whether or not to turn on Activity Reports.